With over 30 years experience Paul advises employers in the private
and public sector in all aspects of labour relations and employment law.
His broad practice includes :
• Defending employers responding to union certification applications
• collective agreement negotiations
• collective agreement administration
• grievance arbitration
• labour dispute strike Injunctions
• Pay Equity Act defense and compliance
• Employment Standards Act, 2000 defense and compliance
• Workplace Safety and Insurance Act compliance
• Occupational Health and Safety Act defense and compliance
• Human Rights Code compliance
• Coroners Act representation
• Public Inquiries Act representation
• drafting employment contracts
• wrongful dismissal litigation
• mediation of wrongful dismissal disputes
• mediation of employment contract disputes
• breach of trust competition litigation
Paul was counsel to the Association of Local Public Health Agencies
at the WALKERTON COMMISSION OF INQUIRY.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Paul was a consultant in public administration
to the Chairman’s Office of the Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto
with responsibilities for the conversion of the Department of Emergency
Services to the Department of Ambulance Services.
Paul’s academic credentials include a B.A.(Hons) in Russian Studies
from McGill University, Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) from Queen’s
University and an LL.B. from McGill University.
Paul is a portrait and travel photographer, and former professional musician.